Today the Government announced that all public schools in Western Australia will remain open until the end of term – Thursday, 9 April 2020.
However, families are now encouraged to keep their children at home if they have the capacity to do so. The links provided in yesterday’s letter are available to all families and I encourage all parents to use them to keep education for children continuing.
What this means for Kambalda Primary School is:
- From Monday, 30 March to Friday, 3 April all children who attend school will be taught as normal.
- The following week (6 to 9 April) teachers and education assistants will prepare teaching programs for Term 2 and students who attend school will be supervised.
The Government recognises there will still be families who need to send their children to school to continue their learning during this period. These may include:
- Children of parents and carers who need their children to attend school to maintain employment.
- Children who live in families with aged relatives.
- Children where it is safer for them to be at school.
I appreciate your understanding and support following this latest development and will endeavour to keep you and the Kambalda Primary School community up to date with changes as they occur.
Please contact me if you require further clarification.